Friday, October 22, 2010

OKC fall

The weather today looks like the current background of this blog, only darker, blustery, and with driving rain. It's lovely, but I'd prefer to be at home on the couch with hot chocolate, rather than at the quiet office, watching it through the window.

We're robbed of fall here in OK in both temperature (yesterday, it was almost 90 degrees) and color - the trees are all green, still, or a boring sort of green/brown/neutral.

Except for the one tree in the front yard, which has exploded into orange. I kept forgetting to take a picture of it until yesterday, although by then, it had lost so many of its leaves.





I've finished fairly solid drafts of both Parasite & Round Robin, now, and have posted them on OWW. Already I've gotten some good feedback, although I'm certain Parasite has a ways to go yet. One friend called it 'fascinating and complicated,' which was the exact experience I had in writing it; I had to break all the 'rules' in writing it, given Josephine's disability, which continues to have no shortage of complications.

While I wait for crits on that, I'm bringing up the alchemist story again, in hopes that things might just suddenly happen (like the end of Round Robin did, which had gone endless for nearly 2 years). It's a lot to hope for, but you never know.

***

I want to make some of these recipes this weekend, particularly the Red Velvet cupcakes. Cupcakes! Just look at those delectable pictures. Surely there's a way to make a less sugary frosting? But chances are John may not care for them, which leaves the responsibility of consumption up to me; and I'm too quick to give in.

No comments: