Sunday, March 6, 2011

Makeshift muffins

Lots of baking/cooking this weekend, which I used as procrastination to keep me from hashing over some of the short stories I need to finish. Just like how I'm doing by blogging right now, although I did get in a really good hour on the Human Seedlings story. I was going to make a post tomorrow about the amazing food I was going to make tonight, but instead, we suddenly ordered pizza. Not picture worthy.

For breakfast on Saturday, I made banana-oat-flax-wheat muffin things, which use the same base as the carrot-apple-chocolate chip muffins I made a few weeks back. This time, I used 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup buckwheet flour, 1/2 cup oats, generous pouring in of flax seeds, 2 tsp baking soda (an accident - I intended to do 2 of powder, which I then followed up with; one tsp soda was in the original recipe), lots of cinnamon, chocolate chips, 1/4 cup (I'm just guessing here) agave nectar, and maybe 3/4 cup (another guess) soy milk, a little olive oil, and two mushed bananas. Mix it all up, pop it in the oven at 350. I used my little Valentine's Day pans, which needed 20 minutes. Muffin tins are 12-15 minutes, and bread loaves, maybe 30 minutes? Or whenever the toothpick comes out clean.

Either way, delicious and healthy.


And now back to Human Seedlings, and then some WoW, I think, because Beris is level 83 already, which is very exciting. Also, some new anime shows we downloaded - if they're any good, I'll definitely be writing about them. 

No comments: