Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Potato Biscuits

The most delicious biscuits I've ever had, and John agreed. I used this recipe, but with a full cup of mashed sweet potato (about 3/4 of a large one, raw) instead of 3/4, and I baked them for twenty minutes instead of 22 since my oven runs hot. Also, I didn't whip-mash them, so there were lovely golden pieces in the final products, and I used 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, and the rest white. (Next time, I shall do 1/2 and 1/2. You can't even taste it, but I have to hide it from John, since he prefers white.)

With stone-ground mustard, and thick cuts of ham. Oh, I forgot honey! They were still amazing.



Also, terrific work on "Braeberry Street" today. It's funny how putting a story away for 8 months or so can change everything about it, in a good way. All the problems I was having with it before have begun to sort themselves out. Perhaps it will be the next to find a home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm curious about the new version of "Braeberry Street".