Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sicilian bread

There's never a shortage about what to write about, but rather so many options that I have a hard time narrowing them down. This week, they were all pushed aside by the circumstances in Haiti. My own ramblings seemed paltry compared to the enormity of loss that those people have experienced, and not a single topic won out, despite how much that has been on my mind: the writing/submission process of mine & Gio's "A Rose for the Nomad" and finally sending it out to see if it can stand on its own, the quickly-approaching tax season and how that changes the dynamic at work, realistic approaches to grief thanks to a book Dad recommended, new progress in running, and a mishmash of other topics.

I was happy with tonight's bread: a Sicilian scroll bread made with semolina flour and olive oil. It doesn't bear much resemblance to an 's,' the way it's supposed to, but it was delicious, as was my first attempt at clam chowder.



Now I need to brainstorm new meatball recipes. The serrano-chili recipe got nixed because John's not a fan of Mexican food, and I'm not a fan of making elaborate meals he won't enjoy. (I think he'd probably like them, but I don't want to take the chance.)

3 comments:

Gio Clairval said...

Hey! I've come here through a link I put on my own blog and I'm happy to see it works!

Bread? Meatball recipes? I've started my diet today...

Erin Stocks said...

What diet? Yes, bread & meatballs. Delicioso. Silly Gio.

Gio Clairval said...

22 additional pounds on the last news... Lost two yesterday (because they're young, young pounds and you can shake them easily.

Hey, go follow my blawg as I follow yours. There's a new feature in Blogger that allows you to see you friends' new posts on a page, Livejournal-like.